Search your suitable apartment!

We found 0 results. View results
Advanced Search
we found 0 results
Your search results

How to get Vietnam temporary residence card ?

Posted by Vy Tran on 21/07/2017
| News
| 0

How to get Vietnam temporary residence card ? The Ordinance on Entry, Exit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam ((No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10 of April 28, 2000) helps Vietnam to become an attractive destination for foreigners who would like to reside in Vietnam for a long time to work,do business, study or research.

Foreigners may get Permanent or Temporary Residence Card which are valid in one to three years. The card is the same entry and exit visa helping the foreigners to enter Vietnam without visa easily. So you can save a large amount of time and money for visa Vietnam application as well as visa extension during the entry, exit and residence in Vietnam.

There are two kinds of residence cards for foreigners residing in Vietnam:

–   Temporary Residence Card (TRC): issued to the foreigners who reside for a definite period of time in Vietnam.

–   Permanent Residence Card (PRC): issued to the foreigners who reside, work permanently in Vietnam.

How to get Vietnam temporary residence card ?

Temporary Residence Card (TRC)

TRC is issued by the authorized provincial office managing entry and exit under the Ministry of Public Security.

Who can apply and where to apply:

The Vietnam temporary Residence card is needed for those who would like to stay in Vietnam longer than the allowed time:

–    Foreigners who work in multinational corporations or foreign companies in Vietnam

–    Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government

–    Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).

Foreigners can apply at the Ward’s police of the city where theylives.

Required documents:

01 written request for TRC (form N5A) declaration of information on foreigners applying for TRC (form N5B) with photos (attached 02 photos sized 3×4 cm)

• 01 copy of passport or visa which is still valid (bring the original for comparison).

• 01 copy (bring the original for comparison) of legal record of the agency, organization or enterprise which gives sponsorship for the person requesting TRC. Depending on specific cases legal record may include Business registration Certificate or Investment Certificate or License for the establishment of representative office.

• 01 copy of work permit (bring the original for comparison) in case it is required.

• Proof document of temporary residence address from local police department.

• In case of accompanying relatives, documents showing proof of relationship such as: birth certificates, marriage registration and family book.

– Note: Above documents (except for application for permanent residence, diplomatic note, passport, visa) must be translated into Vietnamese and certified or legalized as regulated.

Processing time and Validity:

• The processing time is 05 working days from the date of receiving all documents (except for replacing card lost).

• TRC is valid in one to three years

• The duration of TRC is at least 01 month shorter than the duration of the passport.

• No TRC will be issued for person with passport valid for less than one year.

– Note: When you get your TRC lost, you must immediately notify the issuingagency. Re-issuing procedure is similar to granting a new one but processing time is 14 working days.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


    • Professional
    • Responsibility
    • Trustworthiness
    • 24/7 expert support
    • No charge fee
  • Book an appointment
  • Book An Appointment

I hope you will find your favorite unit today
Keep us in mind if you need some help,
we will send suitable apartments listing to you.
Popup Form
Yes, Send Now!

Compare Listings